Best way to query for checks?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Feb 25 09:08:59 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, February 25, 2012 8:24 am, David Carlson wrote:
> On 2/24/2012 10:29 PM, dniezby wrote:
>> If I want to search for checks 2000 through 2013 what would be the best
>> way
>> to query this?
>>
>> NUMBER matches REGEX ?
>>

> Hi, If you know how to structure regular expressions, that is the most
> efficient method.
> An alternative would be to start from that particular account register,
> sort by number and scroll to that number range.
>
> Can someone else explain how to structure regular expressions?

If it's okay searching for 2000-2019 (instead of 2013) then you could use
a regex of:  20[01][0-9]

If you need to limit yourself to 2013 then you would need a more
complicated regex.  Something that should work is:

    200[0-9]|201[0-3]

There might be a more compact way of writing this, but I'm not a regex
expert ;)

> David

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745