Scheduled transactions

Volker Englisch Volker at Englisch.us
Tue Feb 28 00:18:32 EST 2012

On 02/27/2012 11:21 PM, Neil Charlton wrote:
> Thanks for that Volker....I had already read that in the FAQs but my
> problem is that I don't understand the formula for completing the 3
> stages of loading a scheduled transaction. The help button doesn't
> yield any info and the directions given when tabbing across the cells
> are not helpful to me. For instance, what is debit formula? Here is
> what I did:  I opened schedule>new>overview. Named schedule (Sky)
> Enabled was ticked, ticked create auto&  notify when created. Opened
> Frequency>monthly>start 19/03/2012>every 1 month>on 19th>use previous
> week day. Opened Temp Trans. This is a direct debit from Global plus
> to Sky so no cheque no: I entered 1>description = Sky>=Sky>type of
> transaction= direct debit>memo=rental>acc transf from=global
> plus>debit form=45.00 being the amount. Click OK at bottom&  get
> "Scheduled Transactions without template transaction cannot be
> automatically created" Everything in Quicken transferred perfectly
> except this function and unfortunately it is one I use
> regularly...Hope you can help :-) Foo

I can't tell you why it's not working the way you tried to enter the SX.
  In fact, I wasn't even aware of the 'Scheduled' menu option.
When I create a scheduled transaction I enter a single transaction in
the register and then use the menu option 'Action > Schedule...'
All you have to do now is to click on the 'Advanced' button and set up
your frequency.

It works for me and I hope it works for you, too.

--
Volker Englisch
http://www.englisch.us