update prices

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 29 10:10:48 EST 2012

On 2/29/2012 1:36 AM, alan and rachelle papert wrote:
> H I have set the perl and it is present Yet I still cannot get share
> price updates  Using the latest version what must I do
>
> thanks
> alan

I just went through that myself last night on two computers.  In Windows
Vista I downloaded and installed ActivePerl 5.14.2.something 32 bit, and
in W7 64 bit I downloaded and installed ActivePerl 5.14.2.1402.something
64 bit.

Then in both cases I went to the start menu, found and double-clicked
the GnuCash:Install Online Price Retrieval item.

In both cases I was using GnuCash 2.4.10-1.  I opened the stock price
assistant and found that the Update Prices button was no longer greyed
out and it now worked.

Have you used the Security Editor to set up at least one stock with the
Get Online Quotes box checked and an appropriate quote source selected?
 For most US securities Yahoo USA works.

David