android phone and gnucash

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 2 12:52:32 EST 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 1:56 AM, Gour wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:25:30 -0400
> David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> As for the 'available soon' state, Catamount has already converted
>> two of their smaller apps to Android. So they're serious about
>> supporting android.
>
> I see that PM is available for Android and wonder what do you think
> about it for the usage with Gnucash?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

I like it. I have no interest in having my entire financial history on my phone, so I only use PocketMoney to record transactions (mostly when I'm traveling) and then export those transactions to my desktop for importing into gnucash. Aside from converting my account list once to a qif file, I have never used gnucash to send anything back  to my phone.

Because my use of the iPhone version of PM is so sporadic, I find PM's ability to instantly filter transactions to show only the ones I haven't exported before makes the whole process much faster. I use the qif export for my transactions. Catamount is working on an ofx exporter, but for my uses, that would be a bad choice.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net