Has anyone installed the GnucashEditor (view & edit GnuCash Files)?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 5 16:17:39 EST 2012

On Jan 5, 2012, at 12:45 PM, frankl wrote:

> The download (Softpedia.com) file is jGnucashEditor-bin-2.0.26.zip by Marcus
> Wolschon. I extracted it to dir Gnucasheditor. When I execute run.sh in that
> dir, I get the below error.
>
> '546 [main] ERROR biz.wolschon.finance.jgnucash.JGnucashViewer  - cannot
> load file '/home/frank/Gnucasheditor/' does not exist!ArgumentException:
> Given file '/home/frank/Gnucasheditor/
>
> The jGnucash screen does come up, but I'm unable to open my Gnucash file.
>
> It's suppose to allow one to close the books. I really would like to get
> this running.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, that has nothing to do with us and is not supported here. You'll have to track down Marcus Wolschon and obtain support from him. If you do manage to get it working, I strongly recommend that you make a backup of your Gnucash data and test extensively on it before using it on your "live" data.

One other note: Gnucash already has a facility for closing the books: See Tools>Close Book.

Regards,
John Ralls