How Do I Start A New Bank Account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 6 11:59:12 EST 2012

Hi,

Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> writes:

> I need to be able to switch back and forth - ie continue in 2012 with the
> old bank account in one file and the new bank account in anther file.
>
> I am maintaining the books for two clients, so I need to keep everything
> separate.
>
> If I go file -> new, will I loose access to the old bank account and it's
> associated gnucash files?

No, you will have two separate data files, your current file and your
new file.  You can then swap back and forth (using File -> Open or just
the File -> Recent History), just like you would swap back and forth
between different word processor or spreadsheet documents.

GnuCash just helps you by remembering the last file you had opened and
reopening it for you when you restart.

Enjoy!