Reverse Balanced Accounts Issue

panacasummit b4790b at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:58:42 EST 2012

I cannot seem to get GNUcash to differentiate positive and negative between
income and expenses.  It reports them both as income or both as out go no
matter what I do.

I went into preferences and checked income and expenses in reverse balance
accounts and it changed both to negative entries.  I uncheck it  and it set
both to positive entries.  I am no accoutant or business guy at all.  Just a
guy with a job that wants to track  where his money goes so keep the
termininolgy on a level I can understand please but hoping someone can help
me figure this out.