Reports are a problem

Richard Bishopp rbishopp44 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:21:26 EST 2012

I have been using Gnucash for a couple years now started with ver 2.2.9 I
think it was on windows vista.  I recently went to ver 2.4.8 same machine
and now have report problems.
Some accounts (Expense:Auto:Gas for example) will not show on reports. I
tried several settings for sub accounts, levels, child, and probably others
that I have no idea what they are for.
The transaction report comes back blank with an explanation that no
accounts were selected. I tried to select all and just a few in the options
and still nothing.  I thought I was able to see data on a transaction
report after the upgrade but now I not certain if it was just before.
I've been going through the help and concept guides but can't find a
solution.

Any help getting this data to show in reports would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rich...
not an accountant and not a computer person. Just OCD with my finances.