Transferring data between two Gnucash files

Jesse C crimson.corelio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:15:42 EST 2012

okay, so what's the easiest way to programatically enter transactions?  I
would assume I can write something in scheme to do that or am I going to be
forced into 'C' land?

Merging the books is not an option for a couple of reasons.
  Gnucash does not support multiple-users working on the same file
simultaneously.
  We both have different preferences for account layouts
  We are often in different places for work, but need to have local access
to a gnucash file.