Transferring data between two Gnucash files

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 23:01:37 EST 2012

I prefer OFX, but I think you'll have an easier time getting stuff into QIF. I believe that there are packages that will convert a csv output from Gnucash into a QIF file, but it sounds like you're willing to write an exporter directly for Gnucash. In that case, I believe that QIF is Quicken's format, while OFX is more generic. You will no doubt earn many thanks from the community if you write such an exporter.

The importer has a Bayesian Matching option that learns from your imports, so if you tell the importer which accounts your regular entries should use, it will supply that for you the next time.

David