OPENING balances

Joan and Barrie Hallett hallettb at magma.ca
Tue Jan 10 20:14:38 EST 2012

The Problem: The accounts with opening balances, some assets some liabilities, the net being more liabilities than assets all appear to configured OK. BUT the account "Open balances" shows positive assets rather than negative. Played around with them a few times I still get wrong sign.

I am using Mac OS 1.7.2 and GNUcash 2.4.8 and have used Quicken for many many years but it does not work on OS Tiger. GNUcash looks like a good replacement but I think I am missing or not understanding something. Web based manual seems to apply to an earlier version of GNUcash at least some of the time.

PS I am well into my 70s so some of the modern terminology catches me out.

Barrie

Joan & Barrie Hallett
NOTE: E mails to FSNA Algonquin Valley Branch should be addressed to "fanaavbon33 at gmail.com"