Custom reports - unable to save/load them

Yann Le Mouel yann.lemouel at free.fr
Wed Jan 11 15:57:51 EST 2012

Hello all

I have difficulties to save my custom reports: I get this error message
“Cannot open the file C:\Documents and
Settings\Propriétaire\.gnucash\saved-reports-2.4. The error is: system-error
- No such file or directory”

I managed to save them by changing these lines in report.scm:

(define gnc:current-saved-reports   (gnc-build-dotgnucash-path
"saved-reports-2.4"))

(let ((temp-path (gnc-build-dotgnucash-path "saved-reports-2.4-backup")))

by

(define gnc:current-saved-reports   "c:/saved-reports-2.4")

(let ((temp-path "c:/saved-reports-2.4-backup"))

The file c:/saved-reports-2.4 is saved successfully, the text in it looks
good and I can see my custom reports in the “Custom reports” window.

However, if I close & reopen GnuCash, no report appears in the “Custom
reports” window. If I copy the file to the initial directory “.gnucash”,
still no report in the window.

Any clue? Another scm file to change? A variable to change?

Yann

OS: WS XP SP3

Version: GnuCash 2.4.8