Error notice

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Jan 13 08:58:13 EST 2012

On 01/13/2012 02:35 PM, Mike Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:49:47 +0100
> Geert Janssens<janssens-geert at telenet.be>  wrote:
>
>> On 01/12/2012 09:23 PM, Arend Jan van der Marel wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>

>>> I am getting this error message after upgrading from 2.4.8 to
>>> 2.4.9. It occurs both in mysql and xml. I cannot find the place of
>>> the alleged reports.
>>>

>>> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>>>

>> What happens if you uninstall GnuCash before installing the new
>> version ? Don't worry about your data, it's not touched while
>> uninstalling.
>>
>> Geert
>>

> That GUID refers to balsheet-eg.scm, perhaps there are two copies on
> your system?
>
> Mike E
...which I why I proposed to run uninstall before installing. That might
remove the old one. But likely only if the uninstaller from the older
version is used. So possibly the scenario would have to be:
- Install 2.4.8
- Uninstall 2.4.8
- Install 2.4.9

On the other hand it is very well possible that the 2.4.9 build contains
both files if the old one was left in the installation directory when
creating the package. If that's the case, I think we should do a clean
rebuild of the windows package.

I don't have the opportunity now to check.

Geert