London Stocks in Pence

retroartist david at davidhollis.com
Fri Jan 13 05:43:53 EST 2012

Hello,

Although I have found some references to the issue of London stocks being
quoted in pence rather than pounds I have yet to find a workable solution.

With a typical London stock (say Lloyds - LLOY.L) the quote from Yahoo
Europe will be returned in pence while the currency is set in pounds.
GNUCash assumes the quote is in pounds and the stock becomes overvalued by a
factor of 100.... I have been unable to find a way of resolving this apart
from setting the stocks at 1/100 of their actual number which is less than
satisfactory... can anyone assist?

Regards,
retroartist