UI Issues

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Mon Jan 16 06:25:00 EST 2012

Thanks for the info.

> For issues 1 & 2, what setting is the register in, Basic,
> Auto-Split or Journal, it may be relevent (and to test properly on
> another OS need to know).

Journal.

> 3. Yes, this behaviour is consistent with what I see in Arch Linux,
> KDE, running GNUCash 2.4.9 (double clicking either highlights all
> the text, or unhighlights all the text, but never single words)

OK (as I expected - but in this - rare! - case the Windows way is better, IMHO.  Especially if one is running Windows ...  :-)

> 4. I've never noticed this (and just tried a whole bunch of
> clicking and never saw this happen).

Hmmmm.  Perhaps a Windows effect, then ...

> 5. Seems to do the same in KDE.

I'd call that a bug then - either the entry cursor should be live or it shouldn't be visible, IMHO.  Or it should look different when it isn't live.

> 6. One other that I have, if I start entering a transaction that
> matches something that is in the auto-fill, when I get half-way
> through typing it just randomly leaps to the end of the description
> field.

Can't say that I've notice that, just that auto-fill as implemented in GnuCash is rather more of a PITA, and more persistent about subverting what you type into what it wants you to have typed, than autofill in some other programs (eg - Excel!)

Colin