Filter accounts in drop-down lists

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 16 14:41:19 EST 2012

On 1/16/2012 10:40 AM, Carsten Pohle wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> that was exactly the solution I was looking for.
>
> BTW: Does it mean a significant overhead to keep lots of accounts that
> are not realy required (i.e., should I prefer deleting account about
> disabling them)?
>
> With best regards
>
> Carsten
snip

As a fellow user, I would say that it is strictly up to you.  If unused
accounts are deleted reports will be simpler and easier to configure and
read.  It is a nearly trivial matter to add accounts later if you decide
to make your records more detailed.  If you are not sure how to
structure a more complete chart of accounts, there are lots of examples
in the manuals.  You could even create a new test file pre-configured
with whatever sample chart you want, just to see what you get.

I personally delete some and hide others.

David