gnucash 2.4.9 crashes on Windows 7

Bostjan Vilfan bostjanv at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jan 20 15:32:21 EST 2012

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn't work.
I am including some additional details in case someone can think of
something.

Some details on gnucash 2.4.9 problem (crash on startup):

when called as "gnucash --debug" the file gnucash.trace.4ZBJ8V.log
contains one line:

* 12:30:13  INFO <gnc.engine> [gnc_hook_lookup] no hook lists

when called as "gnucash --debug > gnucash.txt" the gnucash.txt file is:

This is a development version. It may or may not work.
Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
The last stable version was GnuCash 2.4.4
The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.6

** (gconfd-2.exe:1424): DEBUG: Testing C:/Program Files/GNU/gnucash/libexec\bin\gconfd-2.exe
** (gconfd-2.exe:1424): DEBUG: Testing C:/Program Files/GNU/gnucash\bin\gconfd-2.exe

Regards,
bostjanv