"Welcome Sample Report" broken

Dan Smith dansbox at byu.net
Fri Jan 20 20:43:45 EST 2012

Under Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2) and GnuCash 2.4.9, the "Welcome Sample Report" won't display properly, nor will other multicolumn custom reports that include multiple graphs.

Items on the "Welcome Sample Report":

Welcome to GnuCash: OK
Account Summary: OK
Expense Piechart: OK
Income Piechart: "Unable to display pie chart"
Income & Expense Chart: "Unable to push bar chart"

If I click the "single report" link under either broken graph, it takes me to the graph (without error) on a new page.  But the multicolumn view consistently fails to display more than one graph.

Testing older versions:
2.4.8: reports broken
2.4.5: application won't run
2.4.0: application won't run
2.2.9: OK

Is this a known issue?  I don't think my system is especially unusual.  I do have some MacPorts GnuCash builds sitting on my hard drive.

—Dan