Gnucash 2.4.9 wrong date format for locale? (OS X 10.6.8)

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jan 22 01:07:10 EST 2012

Gnucash 2.4.9, OS X 10.6.8

I have Australia set for my locale (Region in OS X System
Preferences>Language & Text), and according to it, dates should be
d/mm/yy or dd/mm/yyyy in the formats that don't use the month name.
However, if GnuCash>Preferences>Date/Time is set to Locale, dates are
displayed (both in the preference panel and in registers) as mm/dd/yy.

If I set the date format to be UK in GnuCash>Preferences>Date/Time, I
get the date format I want, but hey, I'm not in the UK, and my correctly
set Locale/Region should work with GnuCash 2.4.9. It worked just fine in
GnuCash 2.4.8. When I run Terminal, the only locale-related environment
variable I find is LANG=en_AU.UTF-8.

Any other Snow Leopard (10.6.x) users in non-North American date format
areas having similar problems? Does Lion have similar problems? Windows
or Linux versions?

Peter

--

Peter Lamb