Too Many copies of the same File

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 26 00:43:07 EST 2012

On 1/25/2012 9:35 PM, David T. wrote:
> Nick--
>
> The "multiple copies" are backups.
>

> You will not run into this problem if you simply open the application itself; Gnucash by default opens the last file it had open.
>
> You can change how long Gnucash saves backups in the application's Preferences.
>
> HTH,
> David

The backups filenames include the timestamp in the filename, unlike the
'original' file, which does not have a timestamp in the filename unless
you chose to name your file that way.  The '.log' files are a record of
your transaction entries between backups.

If you want to make a backup file your 'original', you can do so by
using 'save as' with a new file name.

David Carlson