Error when launching

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 27 15:47:01 EST 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Ian K wrote:

> Did you upgrade to 2.4.9 on Windows? It's a known issue. The workaround is to
> uninstall GnuCash and reinstall it.
> Alternatively 2.4.10 is imminent which I think has fixed this.

It's the same known issue on Linux, too, and probably MacPorts. The Mac bundles are immune because they're self contained.

The cause is that we moved one of the report files (balsheet-eg.scm) from share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/standard-reports to share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/. If you have a previous installation, you'll wind up with it in both places and get the "duplicate guid" error. It's utterly harmless, but gets annoying after a bit.

On M$Windows, simply uninstalling and reinstalling will do, because the uninstall clears out all of the old cruft. On Linux, a "make uninstall" *won't* remove the old copy because it doesn't know about it any more, so it's easier to just delete it by hand.

Regards,
John Ralls