A files Chestnut

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jan 28 12:04:14 EST 2012

On Jan 28, 2012, at 8:41 AM, Colin Scott wrote:

> Is there somewhere a *definitive* list of the complete set of files/folders one needs to copy in order to back-up or transfer a complete set of accounts, including all reports, system status, preferences, etc, etc?  My objective is to be able to take this set of files from one gnucash installation to another, and then not be able to tell one installation from the other!  :-)

Heh. That won't last long. ;-)

Anyway, you need the account file, ~/.gnucash, ~/.gconf*, and if you use online banking ~/.aqbanking. The account file logs and backups are optional.

Mac users, note that the gnucash config files are in ~/Library/Application Support/gnucash rather than ~/.gnucash.

I guess that should go in the FAQ. It comes up about every six months

Regards,
John Ralls