Custom reports - unable to save/load them

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jan 29 15:10:50 EST 2012

Op zaterdag 14 januari 2012 15:06:26 schreef Derek Atkins:
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
> > Op vrijdag 13 januari 2012 22:56:12 schreef Yann Le Mouel:
> >> Voila !
> >>
> >> I inserted this line in the environment file
> >>
> >> 	GNC_DOT_DIR=c:/docume~1/propri~1/.gnucash
> >>
> >> And it works now. I can see my custom reports saved in "C:/Documents
> >> and
> >> Settings/Propriétaire/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.4", without having to
> >> change the report.scm file.
> >>
> >> My thanks to Derek, John & Geert.
> >> Yann
> >
> > You're welcome. But for completeness I'd like to point out one caveat:
> > when you update GnuCash to a new version, the environment file will be
> > overridden. So I advise you to keep a copy of your modified one
> > somewhere so you can easily redo your changes after updates.
>
> I wonder if we should make an 'include config.local'?

Yes, that would be a good extension of the configuration options. For now I
prefer to postphone this though until we do a serious overhaul of the
preferences system. I know it's on Phil's "things-I'd-like-to-do" list, so
when he gets to it, we can discuss this in more detail. It may have to wait
for 2.8 though, as an interesting support library (GSettings) for this job is
not available on RedHat 6, which we still support with 2.6.

Geert