NewbieQ: Different Dates on a transaction

Evan Van Dyke evandy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:14:42 EST 2012

This probably qualifies as a newbie question, but I haven't seen the answer anywhere in the FAQs:

I have a couple of transactions (usually credit-card payments) that need to clear on a different date for each of the endpoints.  For example, my Credit Card assumes payment is on day X when they submit the EFT to my bank.  However, the EFT doesn't clear for 48 hours, so to my checking account the transaction is on day X+2.  Is there an easy way to enter this accurately?  I can't see a way in the split transaction to enter two dates.

Thanks.

--Evan