How to use mysql.

David G. Hamblen dhamblen at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 30 13:52:36 EST 2012

On 01/30/2012 12:35 PM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
> I've been trying to use gnucash with mysql with no luck, and failed to find any relevant documentation.
>
> I'm trying to save by selecting File>Save As... and selecting mysql, and completing the correct host/user/password/database fields.
>
> I've pre-created the [blank] database, and granted all privileges to the user I'm using on that database.
>
> Error is simply "The server at URL mysql://gnucash@localhost/gnucash experienced an error or encountered bad data or corrupt data.".
>
> Does anyone have any idea what else needs to be done to get this working?
With ubuntu (which automatically creates a root account with a root
password) here's what I did:
1 - Install mysql in Ubuntu
2 - Create a new user

dave:~$    mysql -u root -ppassword
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'dave'@'localhost'
     ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> bye;

3 - in GC, File, then Save As

Data Format: mysql
Database Connection
Host:    localhost
Database: homegnucash
Username: dave
Password: mypassword

will create the mysql database "homegnucash"

Dave