GnuCash PostgreSQL support

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Mon Jan 30 16:28:48 EST 2012

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 12:27:37 -0500
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Klaus,
>
> Klaus Dahlke <klaus.dahlke at gmx.de> writes:

> >> Many thanks, Klaus.
> >> Would you mind sharing your Ruby on Rails application?
> >>

> > Will follow by private e-mail.
>
> Actually, I think a number of other people (myself included) would be
> interested in this..
>
> > Klaus

> -derek
>
> --

Hi Derek, hi all,
the enclosed tgz-files contains the entire package. Theoretically, you have to enter the correct database name, user and password only. The application works under Rails 2.3.3 with  ruby 1.8.7. The application is not very sophistacted (I am not a developer at all) but good enough to see the annual balance. Basically, the app stores vaues of the transactions/splits in an array which is then rendered in the respective view. I don't track financial gains/losses by changes in stock prices in this app. It emphasis on income and expense. As I don't use the small business functionaliaty, nothing is considred in the app.

The initial view shows the results per account type per year as well as some expense vs income calculation. Below the main table you find a search section by which you can search the description of a transaction for a given income or expense account. There are two entry options so that you seach for two different strings in the same transaction description.

>From the start view you can then drill down into a more detailed view either per account type or per year and from there, to the single transaction.

Unpack the archive and 'cd konten_ror.app'. Prior to start the application, edit 'config/database.yml' and enter dbanme, username and password for 'development'. Then, start the webrick server by entering 'script/server'. Point your browser to 'http://localhost:3000/ausgaben/start'

Good luck,
Klaus