Currency Rounding

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 20:13:57 EST 2012

	I am on Windows using GnuCash 2.4.9 and was previously using GnuCash
2.4.7.  I was unable to run r21886 and not extremely affected by the
clipboard bug, so I am running stable (r21846).
	I am tracking a virtual currency and having trouble with rounding.
I chose currency XXX which shows fraction traded as 1/1000000 in the edit
currency screen.  I also have the smallest fraction in the edit account
screen set to 1/1000000.  When I look at the ledger, it shows six zeroes
following the decimal point.  However, when I am entering a transaction
(especially split one), it sometimes rounds at hundredths (leaving an
imbalance even though the split doesn't show one).  More importantly, it
always rounds off the sixth decimal place when I save and reload the file.
I went through and manually adjusted all of the transactions back to 6
decimal places after the upgrade and verified that was all lost after saving
and reloading.  I also verified that currency USD is 1/100 which implies
that the software should work with 6 decimal places in currency XXX.
Ideally I would use 8 decimal places, but that is clearly not an option in
the software.  Am I missing another setting somewhere in the software?
	On a side note, while  I assume it is irrelevant, the edit currency
and edit security screens all say "Warning: Finance::Quote not installed
properly."  Thank you,
	Dustin