CRASH AT INSTALL

Philip Allum pa5630 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 4 05:27:05 EDT 2012

I am running Windows XP  SP3 and I have just downloaded GnuCash 2.4.10-1
from Sourceforge and installed it.  However, it didn't open
automatically and when I tried to open the program by clicking on the
icon, I got 2 messages
1 - Unspecified error encountered, aborting
and
2 - Program:C:/backslash/ Program Files /backslash /gnucash///backslash
/bin///backslash /gccnfd-2.exe
  and the heading is Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
and the only way out of it was to shut down the computer.

This happened twice and I had to do a system restore to clear the system
and reinstall.  On the second occasion, I deleted every file that I
could find, connected with GnuCash and downloaded it fresh with the same
result.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.