Change the directory where log files are stored?

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 4 05:54:04 EDT 2012

Jeff wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to change the directory where the log files are
> stored?

I have only two sets of books, so it would not be a problem for me.

One set is for my personal accounts, and the other is for an
organization for which I am treasurer. I wanted those books as separate
as possible.

So what I did is I established an additional login on my Linux system. I
suppose one could do the same for Windows. One Gnucash environment is
set up under eash login. So when I wish to work on my personal books, I
login as myself and deal with them. When I wish to work on the
organization books, I either login as the organization, or do an su -
organization and do it. All the files are in the hierarchy of the file
system under the files of whoever I login as.

Not only are these completely separated, Neither login can look at the
records of the other. Also, when I back up my system (which I do at
about 1AM every night), they are backed up separately, so if I
completely screw up, I can restore the data separately, as needed. This
has never happened, but I like to be prepared.

  /V\  PGP-Key:3EDBB65E 9A2FC99A Registered Machine   241939.
 ^^-^^ 05:45:01 up 21 days, 15:59, 3 users, load average: 2.51, 2.55, 2.30