Importing CSV files

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 05:59:21 EDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:28:42 -0500
Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:

> Can your bank deliver statements in Quicken formats? (OFX/Quicken Web)
>
> On 07/10/2012 02:29 PM, Richard Thomas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I intend to regularly import CSV files to perform the reconciliation
> > between the transactions in Gnucash and the transactions on my bank
> > statements.
> >
> > Each time I do this, I have to select the date format, as well as
> > each column - Transaction Date, Num, Description, Withdrawal,
> > Deposit, Balance.
> >
> > Is there a way of making this easier at this stage (E.G. by saving a
> > pre-determined template or by having the CSV file
> > content/structured better etc.)?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Richard.

There are several things about the CSV imports that annoy me , and this
is one of them.  My bank doesn't provide *any* importable statement
format and I have to screen-scrape the data and import as CSV.  I
would suggest filing an enhancement in bugzilla so that this doesn't
get forgotten about.  When I get the time(?) I may work on this
myself.

File the enhancement here:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash

Mike E