Strange Tab Behavior When Entering Transaction Data

INFO info8824 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:08:07 EDT 2012

When we are routinely entering data for a transaction, we get the
following unusual behavior. We enter the date, then enter the
transaction number, then enter the description. We tab after each entry.
The tab moves us from the date to the transaction number to the
description. At this point, the next tab usually moves us to the
description section of the first split line. However, occasionally (a
guess would be about five percent of the time) the tab moves back to the
date part of the line we are on and the transaction number and
description become blank.

Frequently, we move from the transaction number section of the first
line to an open report then back before entering the transaction number.
This is common for all entries, including the ones that tab correctly.
We cannot say for certain that we have never had the problem when we did
not switch to the open report, but it seems that we only have the
problem after we switch to the open report. Again, when the tab works
correctly, about eighty percent of the time, it is after we have done
the open report switch. (By switch, we mean clicking the report tab,
then clicking the tab of the account we are working on.)

We don't know of anything we are doing other than switching to the open
report. We don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. After
we re-enter the transaction number and description, the tab always works
correctly. We have never had the problem occur twice during a single
transaction. We do not notice the problem occurring in waves, it seems
to be random.

Joel Bailey