Best Practice for transfers between own accounts

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Thu Jul 19 06:43:10 EDT 2012

If your accounts were all in one file, they woud probably match up
automatically.  As such, I'm assuming they aren't, you only need to correct
linked accounts between imports and then you can reconcile the same
transaction on the next file it comes in on.  In the meantime, it isn't
hurting anything being there unless you're concerned about trying to use it
before it clears.  Personally, I enter almost all of my transactions
manually and use the import to reconcile them / catch errors & missed
transactions.  I don't know what the proper method is, but your approach
would work too; whether you would gain anything other than a layer of data
to verify is a matter of personal opinion.