Scheduled Transactions

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:50:52 EDT 2012

On 25 July 2012 19:45, Keith Royall <keithroyall at visitnz.plus.com> wrote:
> I withdraw a fixed amount from my Bank account for personal spending on the
> same day of each week, and because it's cash it is cleared by my bank the
> same day.
>

> However, this week I have withdrawn the amount a day early.  Is there any
> way I can 'force' this amount to be processed a day early, without it
> affecting the future set dates?
>

> Withdrawing it after the set date is not such a problem.  All I have to do
> is change the date in the register, after it has been automatically
> processed. I will still see a true balance in the register for the day I
> would normally have withdrawn it.
>

> I could wait till the normal withdrawal day till it's processed, then change
> the date. But, until that is done, I would not get a true balance showing in
> the register, on the date the cash was actually withdrawn.

In the transaction editor set the Create in Advance field to, for
example, 2 days.  Then the transaction will be entered into the
register 2 days before it is due, but marked with the correct date, so
it will not affect the balance at todays date.  Then when you draw it
early you can change the date on the transaction from the future to
the actual date.

Colin