Gnucash 2.4.9 wrong date format for locale? (OS X 10.6.8)

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 25 20:27:12 EDT 2012

Hi, Titus.

I'm still having the same problem with the date when I set GnuCash
Preferences>Date/Time>Date Format to "Locale". I'm running OSX Lion
10.7.4 and GnuCash 2.4.11. It's not the stored dates changing, it's
simply the way that they are displayed.

As I said in my original post, I can work around the problem by setting
the date format to UK, but Australia stopped being (a colony of) the UK
in 1901. It seems something's a bit slow on the uptake.

You can likewise work around the problem by using either UK format for
dd/mm/yyyy or Europe format for dd.mm.yyyy.

But of course GnuCash should be using the correct date format for the
locale.

And no, I don't think you've committed any netiquette faux pas.

Cheers,
Peter