assistance with database error?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 31 14:16:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

Josh Quinnell <quin0167 at umn.edu> writes:

> I have now manually gone through the date tags and there does not seem to
> be any invalid data. All tags are 2009 - 2012. All prior databases saved
> under 2.4.10 for windows share this problem. Does anyone have other
> suggestions or methods to import an old database into WIN 2.4.10 to
> circumvent this problem? Thanks
>
> Trace:
> * 19:59:06  WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 1869 bytes.
> The identifiers might not be very random.
> * 19:59:30  WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute
> child process (No such file or directory)
> * 22:30:26  CRIT <qof> qof_strftime: assertion `tm' failed
> * 22:30:26  CRIT <gnc.import> [TransactionGetTokens()] TransactionGetTokens:
> error, strftime failed

Perhaps we need to add more data to these critical messages, like a line
number, raw data, or something else that would help lead to the problem.

In this case, maybe the problem is in the slots?  I'm only guessing, but
clearly there is something bad going on here.  Can you check in the
slots tables for dates before 1970?

-derek