Finance::Quote fails to update after Mountain Lion OS/X install

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Tue Jul 31 18:10:59 EDT 2012

On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:13 PM, Steve Drach <drach at itsit.org> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2012, at 3:46 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>

>>> I looked up OSStatus error 100030, and it 's because it's a read only file system.  So I copied F::Q to my home directory and tired again.  This time it seemed to go further.  The dialog I get says "The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined."  It gives me an edit button and an ok button.  Ok doesn't do anything obvious.  Edit brings up an AppleScript editor with the code required to start F::Q update.  That is, this code:
>>
>> Did you copy GnuCash.App from the DMG to your Applications folder?
>
> Yes, I had done that.  The trick is also moving F::Q update to the Applications folder too.

On one of my two Macs, it installed fine and I don't think I copied the F::Q update out of the dmg file. On the other, the installer complained it couldn't find the SSL libraries. I tried entering /usr and /usr/lib but it still didn't work. I finally ended up copying the /Library/Perl/5.12 directory (and all its subdirectories) from the machine where it worked to the one where it didn't and then I use the option to get the stock quotes fine.  Just posting this in case it helps anyone or if anyone knows why it couldn't find the SSL libraries. Actually, it just hit me. I think I had re-installed Xcode 4.4 but hadn't run its preference option to install the command-line tools yet.

Dave