"There was an error parsing the file..." (invoice:owner missing)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Fri Jun 1 15:57:09 EDT 2012

On 12-06-01 11:39 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, June 1, 2012 11:24 am, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> there should be no way in the UI to actually wind up with this object.
> Did you edit the XML by hand, or use a script to generate this? Or
> perhaps use the invoice importer? I can't think of any way in the UI
> to create an object like this. You can see if there are any other
> references by doing: grep 6a76b4dead1c32faa8cb62c1253d2955 <your data
> file> This should at least show you if there are any other references
> to this GUID. If not, then you can safely just remove it. Of course
> you should back up the data file before making any changes.
Hmm, your suggestion was correct, apparently this invoice *was*
generated by the invoice importer (how, I do not know, as I believed I
had reverted to an earlier copy of the file after that disaster).  The
invoice had lots of references from its line items, so I just created a
reference to the customer to allow the GUI to load.

Thank you very much,
Mike