Importing a gnucash file to another computer

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 7 13:45:13 EDT 2012

On 6/7/2012 11:15 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 7 June 2012 16:57, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Normand Fisher <fishern at ncf.ca> writes:
>>
>>> I had to move to another computer.  I did copy my gnucash file to a usb stick to read it on the new machine.
>>> The data all appears but I cannot get any of the report to work.
>>> What step did I miss?
>> What do you mean "cannot get any of the report[sic] to work"?
>>
>> When you start gnucash and open the file you see your data, right?
>> So what exactly isn't working?
> I guess it is his saved reports that are not working, which are not
> stored in the data file I think.
>
> Colin L

For saved custom reports check these locations:

Quoting from http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports:

      Where to find existing reports

The location varies a little with different operating systems:

  * On BSD look in /usr/local/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report
  * On OpenSuse up to 10.x look in
    /opt/gnome/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report, more recent
    versions use /usr/share/gnucash...
  * On Gentoo, Ubuntu, Foresight look in
    /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report
  * On Windows look in C:\Program
    Files\gnucash\share\gnucash\guile-modules\gnucash\report
  * On OSX (Gnucash.app, not Fink or MacPorts), look in
    Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report)

David C