Importing a gnucash file to another computer

Normand Fisher fishern at ncf.ca
Thu Jun 7 16:14:00 EDT 2012

Hi, thanks for the quick replies...
What I mean is that on the original machine I could get the trial balance by simply clicking on Reports / Income & Expenses / Trial Balance.  Now, with the "name.gnucash" file I can open it on the other machine and I see all accounts correctly displayed but when I try the Reports / Income & Expenses / Trial Balance, all I get is a blank page.  If I do the same thing with a different company (file)that was produced on this new computer, it works.

I guess that my question is How can I transfer a file from one computer to another?
Also, is the fact that both computers are different (Window$ on one and Ubuntu on the other) a factor.

Thanks
Normand