"Fetch rate" button not doing anything?

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Sun Jun 10 07:16:05 EDT 2012

Hi Fred,
thanks for your response.

I do have rates in the price list. For new transactions, the dialog does
pull the correct rate automatically right when it pops up.
When I manually change it to something else and click the button, I
would it expect it to get the rate back again that it originally got
from the price list.
However, the only way to get the price list exchange rate back in once I
make a manual change to it is to overwrite the exchange rate in the
dialog with zero, click "OK" to close the dialog and then  "Edit
exchange rate" for the transaction again BEFORE saving the transaction.
The button somehow doesn't seem to be hooked up...

Here is what I do, step by step:
1. Setup some test exchange rates in the price list.
2. Enter a transaction for two accounts with different currencies (EUR
and USD)
2.a) The Transfer funds dialog pops up with the right rate (lets say 2)
2.b) I overwrite the exchange rate with 3
2.c) I click "Fetch rate" => I would expect the button to put 2 back
into the rate field, but nothing happens
2.d) I click "OK"
3) I click "Edit exchange rate" for the transaction
3.a) The dialog pops up with 3 (the value I entered manually before, so
far so good)
3.b) I click "Fetch rate" again, still nothing happens
3.c) I overwrite 3 with 0 and click "OK"
4) I click "Edit exchange rate" for the transaction
4.a) The dialog opens up with 2 (the value from the price list)

Is this a bug, o am I just expecting the wrong thing to happen?

Thanks,

Mark