[novice level] how to accomplish this scenario

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Jun 11 17:11:18 EDT 2012

Running GC 2.4.10 on win7

I've not got much out of the help guide under help menu... not to say
it isn't a good one, but it starts right out with telling of concepts
that are above my paygrade.

I'm posting here in the hope that some experienced users can tell me
before I spend as much more time as I have already painstakingly
inserting lots of detailed info, only to find I'm either not
understanding what should happen or expecting things that are not in
the cards.

My needs are very fairly simple, just home budgeting type use.
Maybe a little beyond simple due to having my finance setup strung out
between 3-4 banks.

1)
I hoped to be able after inserting all income and all bills to be able
to see a presentation showing a months worth of activity including due
dates and etc. that I could just glance at and know when to do various
actions that will allow me to avoid those nasty $34 dollar overdrafts.

It would be a serious plus if dates that are close at hand would show
up in some attention getting fashion

Another big plus if I can print out such a display from GC.

2) My finances are scattered across at least 3 banks.  Since there are
good reasons why that is the case, I hoped to centralize all that in
GC so that the display mentioned above would contain info from all
banks.

3)
I hoped to be able to do my online banking work through GC.

Can any of you experienced folks tell me if the above things can be
done with GC, if I keep pounding away at the help files, online
resources and bugging this group?