GNUCash

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Jun 15 16:40:08 EDT 2012

Jasper,

     First of all, there are no fees to use this software (or to get
help using it). Donations are always welcome.

     Second, you posted to the developers list. Questions such as you
have just asked should be on the users list, gnucash-user at gnucash.org

     Third, I'll answer some of those questions anyway.

a) security --- not WITHIN the software itself as any such password
security would be an illusion of security. What operating system do you
use? Most currently in use allow users of the computer (assuming a
shared computer) to have ALL  of their data secure from other users who
do not have "supervisor" rights on that computer. Silly to password the
data of each application separately when ALL the data of all you
applications can be protected by one log in password.
b) difference from Quickbooks? Well first of all you pay a hefty price
for Quickbooks.
c) I doubt there is an "agency" in Kenya but you don't need that to be
able to download software. I won't go further about "how" since exactly
how you would go about it depends on bandwidth (for example, although I
am in the US I live in a rural area without broadband so can't download
anything as large as software at my house).
d) We can advise you by email. Cheaper than international phone calls, yes?

Michael D Novack, FLMI