Payables Aging and Receivables Aging reports

Graham Stoddart-Stones gstones at pacifera.com
Tue Jun 19 05:55:57 EDT 2012

Derek:

Interesting thought from you! It never occurred to me to set up our A/R and A/P in any other way, and I must have missed any documentation that says that all A/R and A/P have to be in one account. I find it hugely helpful to just be able to look at A/R and A/P and see immediately the state of every account - which is what happens with the sub-accounts that we have set up - and they do total very nicely into the parent accounts. I presume that if I roll them all up into the parent account, then one can only see the state of each account by running the report (ie one extra step!)?

It leads me to question why Options offers multiple choices of account selections for these reports, please? - ie there is a very helpful error message that pops up to instruct us to select the account on which to run the report, and the drop-down selection of choices includes all the sub-accounts in either A/R or A/P as appropriate - which suggests that the designers certainly had in mind the possibility of someone setting up sub-accounts (although admittedly, the system ignores the selection when one makes it!)

Looking forward to your thoughts

Thank you

Graham