Business Reports (Customer)

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jun 21 05:31:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

Could you supply the version number of gnucash, and also your operating system
/ distro version?

It could be a bug that has already been fixed.

FWIW, I see this in GC 2.4.10 on OpenSuse 12.1 In my case, the report
generates a "balance" line for the invoice that cam in on the opening day of
the report, but that probably can be explained

On Wed 20 June 12 23:34:30 Sutton Hill Church wrote:
> I opened a Customer Report  (Reports - Business - Customer Report) with the
> reporting period set at:
>
> Start of period:-  Start of Accounting Period
>
> End  of period:-  Today's date
>

> See Screen Prints below
>

> My accounting Period is set at 01/01/2012 to 31/12/2012
>

> However, when the report was generated it didn't include the invoice I had
> raised on the 1st January, but included all invoices dated after the 1st.
>

> Is this correct or should it have been included?
>

> The only way I could get the "missing" invoice included in the report was to
> set the  'Start of Period' date to the 31st December 2011. But then, the
> invoice I raised on the 31/12/2011 wasn't included.
>

> Does the source code need to be looked at to check if the Query parameters
> have been set correctly.
>

> Regards

Hi,

Could you supply the version number of gnucash, and also your operating system
/ distro version?

It could be a bug that has already been spotted and fixed.

FWIW, I see this in GC 2.4.10 on OpenSuse 12.1 In my case, the report
generates a "balance" line which includes the invoice that came in on the
opening day of the report, but in the OP's case, the bill is paid same day, so
the balance would be 0 (and thus not shown).

It seems that the report effectively "starts" at 23:59 on the date selected,
rather than the expected 00:01, which is what I (and seemingly the OP) would
expect.  The end date seems to behave as expected, though.

HTH,
Maf.