Disposal of fixed asset

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Mar 1 08:01:17 EST 2012

>Ok, sorry, my bad for the non-Gnucash question.  Thanks everyone for the helpful input!
>
>- Axel

It's not a "bad" for asking the question. It's a "bad" for us not
qualified to give legal/accounting/tax reporting advice to answer.

OK, because we aren't professionals, probably not liable. But we can
steer folks wrong. Really best if when questions like this come up from
people who are doing their own business books without the help of an
accountant to advise them to look it up (in some "accounting for the
small business" text) according to what would be suitable for their
jurisdiction.

Sorry, but in my experience the department of revenue folks don't have
much sympathy for "I didn't know any better".

Michael