Downgrading To Older Version

Frank Gore gore at fpzmedia.com
Fri Mar 2 11:51:52 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Could I recommend you switch to another distro, like Ubuntu or Fedora,
> where you can get 2.4.10?
>
> Depending on which features of 2.4.x you have been using, going back to
> 2.2.x may or may not be possible.

I'm sick of the upgrade carousel and the quickly-expired product
support of free distributions. Everytime I upgrade to a new distro,
some new thing is broken and ends up frustrating me to no end. These
Gnucash issues in openSUSE 12.1 are a prime example of that, it's like
the openSUSE devs didn't bother checking to see if it worked before
releasing. And it took them endless months to finally resolve "most"
of the problems.

Our business can't keep jumping through these hoops at every distro
release cycle. This is why we're looking at long-term supported Linux
distributions like SLED or RHELD. I see that Gnucash 2.4 is available
in the EPEL repo for RedHat 6, so we might go that route instead. But
I'd much rather stay within the SLE family since our server runs SLES
11.

--
Frank Gore
THE place to talk photography!