Python bindings by default

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin at pobox.com
Sat Mar 3 07:05:07 EST 2012

On 2 Mar 2012, at 16:39, Derek Atkins wrote:

> And for Windows we would have to provide Python.

Mmm.  Yes, good points.  So I guess what we really need is an easy way for people with Python to build a module that links to their GnuCash installation, rather than having to rebuild GnuCash or ship Python.

I guess that would involve something like including headers in the distribution to give prototypes for library functions, and then having a separate module that could be built using the standard Python setuptools stuff, once given the location of the installation.