Duplicated "Trading" accounts

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Mar 4 00:38:27 EST 2012

--On March 4, 2012 6:08:27 AM +1300 David Bergum <dib at red-sky.us> wrote:

> Can one enable trading accounts after several years of bookeeping w/o
> using it? Will it through off past balances?

You may be able to do it.  I did this by turning on trading accounts
and then doing Actions->Check & Repair->Check & Repair All.  If you do
this I would strongly recommend saving a backup of the file first and
checking the results carefully.  You can find what it changed by
looking at the transactions with splits in the trading accounts.

             Mike