How to move from Quickbooks to Gnucash?

Eric Morey eric at glodime.com
Sun Mar 4 11:25:15 EST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 08:28 -0600, David Gillam wrote:
> I see the import options for Gnuscash 2.4.10 list various Intuit
>  formats, but not "IIF"--which is what Quickbooks uses, apparently.
>  How do I move quickbooks data to Gnucash?

It seems that there is no easy way. Gnucash does not support direct
import of IIF. IIF is allegedly able to be opened with a spreadsheet
program and saved to CSV or XLS. The CSV or XLS file can in turn be
converted to QIF. The QIF can be imported to GnuCash. However, there is
apparently no way to import your customer/vendor
database or Invoice/Bill lists.

> Secondarily, how would one move Gnucash data to Quickbooks/Quicken?
>  The only export option I see is XML.  There is no QIF, QXF, IIF, etc.
>  export option.

There seems to be even less information for converting back to
Quickbooks or quicken.