Summarising bank balances

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:58:24 EST 2012

On 4 March 2012 16:50, John Bibby <johnbibbyjohnbibby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Colin
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> I started with a spreadsheet. But the problem was that each time you update
> the balance in any account, it over-writes the previous balance. (Unless you
> have some spreadsheet wheeze that I have not thought of.)

Have a column for the date and a column for each account balance.
Each month (or quarter or whatever) add a new row at the bottom with
the date and the account values, so that the history is not lost.
Then you can get a report for a particular date, the report will find
the correct row to use based on the requested date.

Colin

--
gplus.to/clanlaw